If you're an aspiring writer or blogger, you need a website to call your own.
But there are so many choices to make, it seems unsurmountable, right?
What hosting provider should I use? How do I buy a URL? How do I make the URL connect to my website? Do I need a server? Wait, what's a server?
Phew. It's exhausting.
Let me be your guide to getting a blog or website set up right the first time. No designers, programmers or SEO gurus needed.
Who am I?
My name is Bonny, and I've worked as a profitable writer, blogger and editor online since 1997. My mission? To help people, just like you, create a blogving, aka a blog that earns you a healthy living.
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Set up your blog or website for success;
- Choose a web hosting company;
- Connect your chosen URL to your web hosting;
- Install WordPress on your server;
- Learn the basics of WordPress;
- Pick an email address and connect it to Gmail (or other email providers);
- Structure and design your website;
- Install WordPress plugins, with a list of which plugins to use;
- Figure out metrics and analytics, then get it set up.
Please note, I don't cover niche research or choosing a niche in this tutorial - we'll be laser-focused on just the mechanics and set up of a website.
If you want help with choosing a niche for your blog, please check out my other offerings that cover these topics:
- Profitable Blog Niche [Course]
- The 8 Essential Criteria For Every Profitable Blog Niche [FREE Checklist]
Blogging Business Start-Up [Full Course]
You'll get... Seven written documents, outlining next steps... Four video walk-throughs... and One brand board template